Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When you're down...all that's left is up.

"Sometimes, when you're feeling your lowest, the real you is summoned.

And you understand, maybe for the first time ever, how grand you are, because you discover that vulnerable doesn't mean powerless, scared doesn't mean lacking in beauty, and uncertainty doesn't mean that you're lost. 

These realizations will set you on a journey that will take you far beyond what you used to think of as extraordinary. 

There is always a bright side."

I have had this posted on my fridge for a few years now. I haven't read it, I mean really read it, in a very long time.  Today was the perfect day. 

This was following a friend posting this today as his FB status:  "You may start small, but if you stay faithful, you’re not going to end small. Don't be discouraged in a season of preparation. You’re developing strength, trust and confidence. God's developing a foundation so that He can take you to new heights!"

So many words that keep bouncing around in my head.  The real you.  Vulnerable.  Scared.  Uncertain.  Faith.  Yeah, that last one is the one I am needing most right now.  But we all have to start somewhere, right?

It seems like that I have a million fears and frustrations that are in my way.  It has been a long time since I have felt this vulnerable, scared, and uncertain.  But if I stay faithful, I can get wherever I want to go, right?  Well, I'm determined.

There is so much that I want to get out of my head, but right now, it is enough to admit my fears, and realize that they don't define me.  It is enough to know that every day, in every way, I'm building a new foundation for myself and my family and our future.

I have to stop trying to overcome everything at once, take stock of what I am able to accomplish in a day, and keep focused on the goals I have.  I've been so caught up in the chaos in my mind that I have forgotten that.

Well, that is why I post notes on my fridge, literally, and now through this blog - to remind me of my purpose...and to always look for the bright side.

No comments:

Post a Comment