Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leftovers

Been perusing some of my old MS blogs, reflecting a bit.  This one seemed perfect to share, especially with tomorrow being Mother's Day.

Subject : My HERO !
Posted Date: : Feb 26, 2009 11:34 AM

I've been battling this cold for almost 2 weeks now. I woke up at about 12:30 this morning after my phone went off. I realized the bedtime meds I had taken had worn off, so I ventured down the stairs to take another dose. Good thing I turned on the kitchen light, as I reached for the faucet to get some water for the pills, I looked down and a black hideous spider the size of a half dollar went scurrying across the bottom of the sink. Without thinking, I screamed. I grabbed the sprayer hose and started dousing it, and rinsed it down the drain. I let the water keep running to ensure its demise, and in the chaos I had created, had not heard the footsteps on the stairs.

"Mommy, are you OK?" a voice from behind me asked. I turned around, and there was my 8 year old daughter. Half laughing, half crying, I replied, "It was a really really really big spider!" "I heard you scream, and I was worried about you!" she said.

Wow, without fear for herself or what prompted the scream, there she was, saving me. I wonder if she knows how often in my moments of weakness, that without words, she does that. She, and her brothers, inspire me. They show me my own strength, and they remind me of what I'm living for.

I hugged her, apologized for waking her, and invited her to snuggle up in my bed - not for her - for ME ! (I couldn't rid my mind of those 8 nasty legs !) We cuddled up together, and as we drifted off to sleep she whispered, "I love you, Mommy, I'll be right here..."


For some reason, the Rascal Flatts tune, "Every Day You Save My Life..." is running through my head.  How those little babies of mine do just that.



No comments:

Post a Comment